Kirsten's Personal Mesh "Standard Size" Journey

          Standard Sizing does not seem too standard to me. After trying on various mesh jean demos I feel frustrated. The various XXS, XS, ...

          Standard Sizing does not seem too standard to me. After trying on various mesh jean demos I feel frustrated. The various XXS, XS, S, M, L sizes that seem to be being used in stores do not seem the same to me. Even if they were, I can't seem to find any that work for me. I suppose my waist is too small, my legs are too fat, and my butt is too big. God, if I wanted to deal with that when trying on clothes, I don't need SL. All I have to do is go try on clothes in RL! I have always had that problem of finding the perfect fit jean in RL- if it fits my waist it does not fit my butt and if it fits my butt it gapes at the waist. I seem to be having the same scenario in SL now with mesh. When trying on the items if I find something that fits my waist, then it is too small for the rest of me often looking like my legs belong in a "Save the Children" ad campaign to me once I put the alpha on. I found this especially with mon tissu.


       I have been trying on the sizes without the alpha because I want to ideally find a mesh shape and size that is as close to my natural avatar shape as I can get. I, of course, know I won't find a perfect match and I will have to use the alpha, but I would like for it to not be such a distortion of my shape that I no longer feel like "me." That is exactly what has been happening as I try demo after demo on. None of the mesh items seem to have a butt at all if the waist is small and all of the legs are way smaller than mine- even the large sizes. I know this mesh thing is going to require some give and take from the consumer and nothing is going to fit everyone perfectly. But I really feel the "leg muscles" need to be re-looked at. I think across the board those are WAY TOO SKINNY and make our legs look distorted and not-proportioned.  A Caveat- I don't have a problem with the mesh dresses. The many variables of the lower body don't matter as much unless you are trying on pants and jeans. The small standard size fits me fine in most dresses I have tried on.

Janie Marlowe of Jane was one of the first people on the grid to offer a wide range of mesh clothing. She began with four sizes petite, fair, luscious, and plump. On the left is the fair size. It fits my waist and is a bit small on my legs and hips, but the legs are not nearly as skinny as the above jeans. These legs don't make me cringe with how tiny they are when I look at them. These are my favorite pair of mesh jeans at the moment. I really love them. Jane has since gone to "standard sizing" unfortunately. However, if its like cold logic maybe it will be fine.

So let's look at my "mesh digits." We all did digit posts a while back, but at that time mesh was not in SL yet and the numbers we did were not the same ones that are now involved in mesh sizing. I think it would be cool to see some updated digit posts to include the Mesh Digits needed for fitting mesh clothing. So if you are a blogger- please consider posting your Mesh Digits! The "standard sizes" came from a survey of 500 avatars and I think we could get thousands of mesh digits out there and see a bigger sample size to make some better (and more) standard sizes. I have heard many many girls say something along these lines: "I am not wearing that mesh stuff. None of it fits my shape and I am not changing the shape of my avatar to fit those clothes." It is not that the girls I know want bigger than large, just that they fall in between a few of the sizes with the various parts of their bodies matching different sizes but not all of the parts matching any one standard size.


The picture that went with my old digits post
Kirsten's Mesh Digits:
Body Fat: 7
Torso Muscle: 37
Breast Size: 50-60 (I change this often based on the top)
Love Handles: 23
Belly Size: 0
Leg Muscle: 60
Butt Size: 40
Saddle Bags: 25











Here are the standard size digits:

-XXS
Body Fat: 0
Torso Muscle: 21
Breast Size: 32
Love Handles: 22
Belly Size: 0
Leg Muscle: 40
Butt Size: 24
Saddle Bags: 22

-XS
Body Fat: 5
Torso Muscle: 31
Breast Size: 48
Love Handles: 25
Belly Size: 2
Leg Muscle: 45
Butt Size: 34
Saddle Bags: 30

-S
Body Fat: 7
Torso Muscle: 35
Breast Size: 52
Love Handles: 28
Belly Size: 3
Leg Muscle: 50
Butt Size: 38
Saddle Bags: 33

-M
Body Fat: 11
Torso Muscle: 38
Breast Size: 58
Love Handles: 31
Belly Size: 6
Leg Muscle: 56
Butt Size: 44
Saddle Bags: 36

-L
Body Fat: 24
Torso Muscle: 48
Breast Size: 71
Love Handles: 39
Belly Size: 14
Leg Muscle: 69
Butt Size: 62
Saddle Bags: 45

No wonder the mesh clothing looks so off to me. My waist is XXS, Body fat S, Torso Muscle M, Breast S-M, Belly XXS, Leg Muscle bigger than M but much smaller than large, Butt Size S, Saddle bags between XXS and XS.

Everything you see in this post is very subjective based on your personal avatar shape and how much you care about that shape changing drastically when you put the alpha layer on included with your mesh pants/ jeans. I apparently have a dangerously curvy shape and I care quite a bit about it not changing to where I don't recognize it at all when I try something on. I did not change or tweak my shape at all for any of these pictures and they are all (except for Jane) "Standard Size Small."


So anyway, I was a bit more than frustrated after all of the mesh trying, and then I tried on cold logic. My avatar said...ahhhh finally! Supposedly cold logic uses the above "standard size" digits, but their small is almost perfect (where it was not from other stores)- even from the back! In fact I did not include any back pictures in any of these because without the alpha my butt shows! The booty in coldlogic is so cute, round, and perky. I can only conclude that the difference must be the 3D construction of the clothing. The only problem is they don't have any jeans. They have mostly skirts and dresses. So cold logic (Janie Marlowe, Damien Fate, and Zyrra Falcone) - PLEASE make some jeans in your amazing sizes. I love them! coldlogic has 4 styles of pants at the moment- fields, cooper, daily, and mazza and they are all amazing. The shape of the mesh is GORGEOUS. I am so impressed.

My mesh Journey was about more than fit- it was about the shape of the digital clothing. The shape of the butt and what it looked like from the side (round or flat). The shape of the area between the legs. Some pants seemed to have a weird straight line in that area while others were nicely angled like our legs actually are. To me cold logic's mesh shape for pants was hands down the best. It was also the curviest, and again subjectively for me anyway- the best. The shape of the butt and the inner thigh was just gorgeously constructed.


Hair: wasabi pills clementine in golden (mesh)
Jewelry: chop zuey Godess collection
Top: coldLogic robins slate/pink (mesh)
Pants: coldLogic trouser cooper pepper (mesh)
Shoes: pixel mode baby T's soft pink





<3, Kirsten Corleone

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting on my blog!