Serenity

       For anyone who has ever left second life for two years and tried to come back and figure out what the heck is going on, I know you fe...


 

     For anyone who has ever left second life for two years and tried to come back and figure out what the heck is going on, I know you feel my pain. After trying on all the new mesh heads that I could find, I went back to the same one I was wearing two years ago. It is updated and will take baked on mesh layers I think although I really don't quite understand all that yet. Did I mention the learning curve after a long time away from SL? 

     I did not have my windlight and I had to learn how to import it into an EEP object. It was actually not all that difficult and now I have my "Kirsten's Favorite Shadow Location" back in the game. If you want a copy, IM me. 

     So why did I leave for two years? There are a lot of reasons, some RL and some SL. I never intended to step away for so long. I did need a break and I thought that is all it would be, but once I was gone the months turned into a year and then it just became harder and harder to find my way back. I really don't think any reason is a good enough one to be honest. Especially since I was paired with some of the best brands in SL. Brands that depended on me and I did not do the right thing and let them know or give them notice and that is really unlike me and it was OK to need to leave. It was not OK the way that I left. So its a little too late, but I apologize for not giving notice to: Truth, Blueberry, Just Because, Neve, Kaithleen's, Narcisse, Pink Fuel, N-core, Essenz, Reign, Gos, Livalle, Eudora 3D, Kunglers, Cae, Exile, Wasabi, Doe, Arte, and Nantra. 

     So why did I return? My real life daughter is now 18. (yes that does make me feel old) My daughter is really talented in many ways and musically is just one of the many. She is interested in getting into the live music scene and asked me to go back to SL to help her. I am not sure if I would have come back without her, but once I did come back and started to dress up, shop, and just really enjoy being back in SL, I am really glad I came back. 




     So let's talk about some of the things that amazed me as I am seeing the game with a two year gap. Truth hair textures have improved so much and that is saying a lot because they were already beautiful two years ago. Now the hair just looks real to me. The improvement in Truth hair in two years is amazing and dynamic. I was so impressed with all of the new hair that I saw. I am wearing the newest very loose braid style, Serenity, in this post and it is STUNNING. 

     The next store that did not disappoint was Kungler's jewelry. Kunglers was amazing two years ago and nothing has changed except for a LOT of new jewelry for me to go look at. The other big change in this brand is instead of single stone colors all of the newer jewelry that I looked at and binge bought is now HUD controlled and changes into a variety of stone/gem/metal colors. It reminds me of all the reasons Donna Flora jewelry will forever be some of my favorite. If you loved that and want something similar, gorgeous, and HUD driven, definitely go check out all the amazing jewelry in Kunglers.  



     I have a lot to figure out as I try to catch up on two years away from the game. I think I am going to tackle baked on mesh next and play with makeup layers. I have always loved makeup in this game and that seems like the next fun thing to figure out. Everything I have on in this current post is applier makeup and old because I have not yet ventured into all thing BOM yet. 

     I don't know how regular this will be, but I used to blog because I really loved it and I did not stop because that changed. I really do love shopping, dressing up, taking pictures, working on them in photoshop and talking about it as I am doing now. 

Love Always, Kirsten


Shoes: :::ChicChica::: Kade Peach Maitreya @ Collabor 88 November 2020

Head: CATWA HEAD Kimberly v4.5

Necklace: KUNGLERS - Aspasia 

Body: Maitreya Mesh Body - Lara V5.3

Top: Tres Blah - Bedford Sweater (Maitreya) - Peach @ Collabor 88 November 2020

Skirt: Tres Blah - Myla Mini Skirt (Maitreya) - Sprig @ Collabor 88 November 2020

Hair: TRUTH / Serenity + Front Wisps/ Teleport

Skin: [Glam Affair] Pippa Skin [ Catwa ] 004

Poses: Foxcity

Backdrop: ninety - azotea blue [ backdrop ]

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting on my blog!