#metoo

         It has been a year since the first Women's March, January 21, 2017. I blogged that HERE . Wow, what a difference a year ma...




         It has been a year since the first Women's March, January 21, 2017. I blogged that HERE. Wow, what a difference a year makes. It might just be me, but this year marks the most dynamic climate shift for women's rights that I have ever seen in my lifetime at least. This weekend women will be marching again. What do we march for? Equality for women, equal wages, protesting sexual assault, and a host of other things. I think every woman has her own thoughts about why she marches or supports the marches. I am not close enough to a march site and I know many others that might live in rural areas, etc also can't participate. So, as I do, I wanted to show my support in SL and I got some friends to join me!

        The friends that helped me take my picture today are (left to right), Halfwraith Caerndow, Saffron Foxclaw, Gypsy Mactavish, ME, Dani Graphelle, Asthenia Pinazzo, Rhaenys Targaryen, and Starr Ghost. I will link their blogs below so you can check them all out as well. Thank you all so much!!!

        One of my favorite SL artist, Whiskey Monday, marched today with her mother and daughter in RL. She also marched last year. She had this to say about the march today, "Today's Women's March was even more inspiring and moving than last year. I was in a smaller crowd in a smaller town, but it didn't matter. People were fired up with a purpose I didn't see last year. Women are running for office. Women are telling their stories. Women are claiming their space. I'm honored to have been a part."- Whiskey Monday.

        I think that is what I meant. The difference from last year to this year is purpose. I was just mad in general last year and you can see that in my post and the reason I said I marched in SL. This year I am resolved. I am excited about men being held accountable for their actions and seeing real change as they are fired from high profile positions for sexual misconduct. It is about time. I named this post #metoo. I did that because I was sexually assaulted by a Pastor in our church when I was a child. It does not matter how young, you are going to negatively affect that child and she will remember. I personally did not remember until I was older. I started having vivid dreams in college and they were so disturbing. I called my mom and simply asked her if anything happened to me when I was younger. She started crying and so did I and then it all came back to me. I remembered. I have also had my share of uncomfortable situations where I am trying to politely say, I am not into this, and the guy was not listening to me at all. I was never raped as a young adult, but I was definitely touched and groped when I was not wanting to be. I am still coming to terms with that because until recently I just thought that was how some guys were and they did eventually take No for an answer, so surely not sexual assault, right? Now my mind is changing. #metoo



      Now for SL fashion. I love my shirt! I love the double message and I think its perfect for today! It is new by MAddict at the current round of 4Mesh. My shoes are also new by Livalle at the current round of faMESHed. Look at the materials and how they shine. The texture is just amazing! I am not sure what the other girls are wearing. If they post blogs, I will link to that. Here is a close up of my look today.


 







Top: Maddict - Dixie Sweater  @ 4Mesh
Shoes: {Livalle} Cambridge - Oxford Creepers @ faMESHed January
Hat: (Yummy) Pussy Hat (FREE!)
Head: CATWA  Kimberly
Hair: Doe: Cole (solid) - Fatpack
Socks: erratic / eva - knee socks (FLAT) / pink (maitreya)
Body: Maitreya Mesh Body - Lara
Skirt: Neve skirt - lead Lara
Pose Prop: {NANTRA} Women's March Gift (FREE GIFT)
Background: Bossfight (free here)


Please visit these blogs!
Gypsy Mactavish, https://gypsysin.blogspot.com/
Asthenia Pinazzo http://astheniananana.blogspot.com/
Dani Graphelle   https://hausofgraphelle.wordpress.com/
Rhaenys Targaryen   http://rhandomrhaenys.blogspot.com/
Starr Ghost   https://starrzsltravel.com/
Saffron Foxclaw http://saffronsplace.tumblr.com/
Halfwraith Caerndow   http://pipsfreebiefantasy.blogspot.co


Love, Kirsten Corleone

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. You Rock!! I'm sharing this with everyone I know! Thank you for letting me be a part of this! Mwah! Rhaenys

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no you rock! Thank you so much for all your help and support!! Love, K

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting on my blog!