Kirsten's Windlights 2

A year ago I gave away 5 windlights I made and have been surprised by the amount of hits that page gets and downloads my windlights ge...


A year ago I gave away 5 windlights I made and have been surprised by the amount of hits that page gets and downloads my windlights get. So I decided I would share three more new ones that I have made over the last year. Merry Christmas from Kirsten,  Second Life!

TIPS: When using my windlights on a pose platform studio, your avatar needs to face EAST. After playing with shadows for a long time, I have found the prettiest ones are made when your avatar is facing east or west- something to do with the sun angles possible. If you are out at locations shooting, you will probably need to adjust the sun angle with every shoot you do because you might not be facing east or you might need to move the sun due to buildings or other sun blockers.

The first new windlight above that I am sharing is a variation to "Kirsten's Favorite Windlight." This one is called Kirsten's Favorite Windlight Location. I made the sky a pretty blue and I made the shadows darker (you do that by adjusting the contrast between the colors in the lighting tab). This way when you are out at a place in SL and your shadow is cast on the ground, you should be able to see it better with this updated windlight. This is intended for use around SL and not a studio platform (although it looks good on there too, imo). In this picture I am also showing you the direction my avatar is facing with the mini-map. For fashion credits, see this post. 


The next new windlight is a big change for me. It is called Kirsten's Post-Apocalypse Grunge. This one is a grey hazy sky, not because its night, but because the sun has been blocked by all of the toxic chemicals in the air. I will show you a panoramic view and what your avatar might look like with shadows on using this windlight.

 I had a hard time making it dark and grungy enough, but still light enough to show shadows and most importantly for a fashion blogger to show the clothing well. This windlight is the result of many tweaks over the last year. I hope you like it! For fashion credits, see this post. 




The last new windlight is very girly. It is pink and purple and a bit hazy, dreamy ethereal. I call it Kirsten's Favorite Shadow Fantasy. It is meant for fantasy outfits and fairy wings. Here is the fantasy windlight at my home in a panoramic picture. For fashion credits, see this post. 



You can download them all here: (Click the word Options, Click Download)


Love, Kirsten Corleone

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting on my blog!