Memorial Day 2015

      Memorial Day is a day in the United States where we remember and honor those who have died while serving in the military. To hono...


      Memorial Day is a day in the United States where we remember and honor those who have died while serving in the military. To honor those that have served I am in red, white, and blue today. 

     However, the person that has passed recently that I keep thinking about was not in the military and I did not know her well either, Scarlet Chandrayaan (RL Amy), the owner of Alouette. I have felt silly that it has upset me when I was not close to her, but I was upset when the Last Call designer passed and when the Donna Flora designer passed too. Our Second Life microcosm is small and we often know a lot about our fellow residents, especially those that I see in plurk. The Second Life plurk community has become a big part of my SL as I talk to friends, designers, and acquaintances about both our first and second lives. I valued the talent that went into Alouette and know we will miss the person and talent immensely. So I am sad and I know that those of you that were close to her are grieving and my heart goes out to you. 

     Today I went to Linden Memorial Park. You can touch a kiosk and plant a flower for any SL avatar. I planted one today for Scarlet. There are 12 garden plots like the one you see behind me in the above picture and most are full of flowers. When you type the name of the person, text appears above a flower as it is planted in the garden. It is humbling just to stand in the garden and think about the people that have been lost by those that loved them in Second Life...so much more than a "game."



     
Another thing you can do to help- Amy's dad set up a memorial fund to help with funeral expenses. You can go to the webpage HERE to donate. 



Jewelry: **Real Evil** LUX Liana Set
Jeans: KITJA - Gwen Jeans BLUE FM (Slink Physique + Maitreya) @chapter four May
Top: KITJA - Gwen Top BLUE FM (Slink Physique + Maitreya) @chapter four May
Shoes: MAAI Mizu heels * Slink * Red/ Beige sole/ Teleport to Maai
Hair: Magika [Hair] Lessons *NEW*
Body: Maitreya Mesh Body - Lara V3.3
Headband: Noodles - Fourth of July Bow
Skin: [Pink Fuel] Harley v2 <Peach>
[PF] Vivid Eyeshadow <Peach> - Vivid Blue
[PF] Harley Sheer Gloss <Peach> - Sweet Red
Pose: *EverGlow* - Sailorette 06/ Teleport to Everglow

Love, Kirsten Corleone

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting on my blog!